The Certification tool integrates with MinistrySafe and allows you to track certifications for individuals who take part in ministry and volunteer opportunities.
- Requires integration with the third-party training provider, MinistrySafe.
- The Certification Tool allows you to:
- Create Certification records for contacts and participants
- View the current status of Certification records for selected individuals
- Facilitate Certification training to be completed for selected individuals via MinistrySafe
- The Certification Tool can be launched from an open record or from a selection of records on the Contacts, Participants, or Participant Certification pages.
A SPoC must set up a MinistrySafe Webhook to send results back to MinistryPlatform. See the instructions in this MinistrySafe article: How to Add Webhooks.
- For Webhook URL, enter https://[Your MP CloudApps Abbreviation].cloudapps.ministryplatform.cloud/tools-dev/api/certificationstatusapi/postministrysafestatus.
- For Webhook Username, enter a username of your choice and retain this value to add in your Configuration Settings.
- For Webhook Password, enter a password of your choice and retain this value to add in your Configuration Settings.
- For Webhook for, select Quizzes.
SPoCs should review and configure the following Configuration Settings:
(Note that MinistrySafe is one word, so be sure to check for and eliminate any unnecessary spaces!)
- COMMON,CertificationsProvider: Your church's Certifications provider. If NULL, certifications cannot be completed and you will see an error indicating that no provider is configured. We currently support the value, "MinistrySafe"
(case sensitive and no spaces).
- COMMON,CertificationApiAddress: The base address for the Certifications API. For MinistrySafe, this should be safetysystem.abusepreventionsystems.com/api/v2/users.
- COMMON,CertificationCallbackUsername: The username value you set when you created the MinistrySafe Webhook.
- COMMON,CertificationCallbackPassword: The password value you set when you created the MinistrySafe Webhook.
- COMMON,CertificationsPassingScore: The number that defines the minimum score for a certification training to be considered passing, if applicable.
- TOOLS,CertificationsApiKey: The private API Key provided by your Certifications provider, MinistrySafe, to interact with their API. For help, see this MinistrySafe article: How to Generate an API Key.
SPoCs can grant access to this tool via the normal process.
Using the Certification Tool for MinistrySafe
To create a new Certification for Participants:
- From the Contacts, Participants, or Participants Certification page, launch the tool by either:
- Open an individual's record > Tools > Certifications.
- Create a selection of individuals > Tools > Certifications.
- Open the Certification Tool > Search for individuals.
- Select the Certification Type you want to create.
- Under Selection Info, review the number of selected individuals in each category for this Certification Type.
- Certifications Current/Completed: Number of individuals from the selection who have a Certification record with a status of Passed = Yes.
- Certifications In Process: Number of individuals from the selection who have a Certification record with a status of Passed = N/A.
- Certifications Expired/Missing: Number of individuals from the selection who either have a Certification record with a status of Passed = No or do not currently have a record for this Certification Type.
- Optionally, enter any notes you want to include.
- Click Submit.
- For each selected individual in the Expired/Missing category, a record/request is created. If the individual did not already have a Participant record, one is created.
- Requests are sent to MinistrySafe. For details, see this MinistrySafe article: Abuse Prevention Systems API Documentation.
- If needed, you can search for another individual to certify. Otherwise, you can close the Certification Tool.
Outside of the Platform,
- MinistrySafe receives information from MinistryPlatform.
- MinistrySafe sends an email with a Certification Request form to the selected individuals.
- Individuals receive the email, begin training, and eventually complete training.
- MinistrySafe sends updated Certification information to MinstryPlatform.
- Certification records and Participant records are updated via the API to include the Certification Completed date and time as well as Passed = Yes or No.